Dream Swatch KAL

A bunch of us who went to Fiber Fest are knitting the Dream Swatch, so I thought I’d make a KAL since we’re all making modifications and such. :teehee:

I’m using my KH-colored yarn.

So far, I’ve cast on 18 stitches, and I’m wrapping the yarn 5 times instead of 3 for the elongated stitches. The first couple look like poo, so that might change.

:cheering:

I’m in!!!

Ooohhhh…

This might be just the thing for that lone ball of blue alpaca that was returned to me due to issues in another yarn swap.

I like this. :heart:

I am totally in. I am also going to use my “KH” yarn. I think. I am frogging today and starting over.

I’m mostly though mine, but can I join anyway? :slight_smile: I’m enjoying it - using noro Daria Multi - it’s so pretty :slight_smile:

Definitely needs blocking though.

I can’t get the link to work :pout: I want to know what a dream swatch is.

There seems to be a problem with the website. I would contact knit and tonic about it. :shrug: It was working earlier.

It’s a free pdf download, so if someone has downloaded it, maybe they could email it to you? I only have a print out right now.

It seems to be working now, but I can send you a PDF of the pattern if you PM me your email address. I had downloaded this ages ago to make and forgotten about… :rofl: I only found it because of Angelia posting it again!

ETA: Six Apart, the company that owns both TypePad and LiveJournal, had a major crash at their data center today. Knit & Tonic is a TypePad blog, which is why the pattern link wasn’t working. TypePad is back up, so you should be able to download the pattern yourself. :hug:

Thanks everyone, it is working now! That is tons of fun, and I may have just the yarn to make it. I can’t get started quite yet, but I’m in!

I’m in, but I’m using my KH yarn for socks. I’m using that pretty bamboo from Fishbed! :inlove:

I’ve got about 6 pattern repeats done from last night, and I love it! I’m just doing it exactly as-written, though. :shrug:

[COLOR=Silver]What IS up with the smileys? :??[/COLOR]

I’ve decided to go with four wraps instead of 5, but I’m too lazy to frog. I think that casting on 18 stitches instead of the 24 gives me the width I want, so I won’t frog unless I decide (again) that I want it skinnier. :teehee: I’ve got about 4 repeats done, 2 are with the 5 wraps, 2 with the 4. Shhh, don’t tell anyone.

I’ve got various yarns around that would be great for this, I think I need to go wander and hunt through my stash…

I started mine last night and I’m loving it so far. I only got through two repeats though, I was tired! I used US 5s and did 24 stitches, the width was good for me. I’ll try to post progress pics tonight after I get some more knitting time in over lunch! :cheering:

I’m gonna tell, I’, gonna tell, neener neener haha.:teehee:

I just kidding, I won’t tell. you can trust me. :shifty:

I am in. I am knitting this with some yarn someone gave me. I am only doing 18 stitches too. but, since I had to frog the other day, then I got Harry Potter, I haven’t started back, so I don’t know how many wraps i will do. :shrug: Wonder if I could finish this in time to wear to my frind’s daughters wedding on Saturday :??

Stine-I’m turning you in to the knitting police! (Is that Andrea?)

I went with 4 wraps also. Will take a pic later.

If I do 5 wraps on the last two repeats, then it’s a design feature, so neener, neener, poo-poo head!

:teehee:

Oh - I bought some noro lily just for this! Or maybe I’ll use that one lonely skein of bamboo? What do you think it’s look like in a solid color?

Can’t wait to get started!

:??Or should I finish one of my other 10 projects first?

Start! I think it’ll look pretty in a solid, but I like the mottled look, too, so it’s up to you.

Or you could make two! :teehee:

OK. I takes it back.:verysad: