Dr Who?

:muah::muah:Hi eveyone,

Although nothing to do with knitting , i thought i would show you my husbands efforts.

He made a dalek from the popular tv show Dr Who. I could not resist showing them before my little boy gets his hands on them.

I have promised to knit him one but the only pattern i found is knit in the round which i can.t do yet.

GIVE HUBBY SOME PRAISE:muah:

Thats awesome Great job

Thanks so much kblue.

Very cool! It always amazes me to see what people can make out of legos! Well done ritaw’s hubby!:yay:

As for the scarf you might want to try knitting in the round. It is not as hard as it looks ( I promise!!!). To make a scarf you wouldn’t have to use dpns. I am knitting my brother a Dr Who scarf in the round on a I think 16" circular needle. It is coming along quite well, I love how much more quickly it goes when I don’t have to purl! Every Dr Who scarf I have seen has been amazing!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Legos: The best toy on the market. For grown ups too![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]We were members of a Dr. Who Club, when it played here back in 1980s. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Does the most current Dr. Who wear a very long knitted scarf?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]There’s a good project for you.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lana,

The current dr who does not wear a scarf.
The new series of drs has had 2 different drs. Both quite chic and extremely good looking.

I love Legos! Very good job on those. Kudos to your hubby.

And in case anyone’s looking, I found this here pattern:

http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/

I think hubby is starting to blush. I think it would take such a long time to do that scarf lol.
Thanks phish

You’ve found a pattern for a knitted Dalek?
Where? My hubby would love that! AS you probably know he’s Dalek mad, and we live with one!

Nobones

Type in extremknits dalek knitting pattern

Well here http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/who/extermaknit.html
is where i found the Dalek pattern that I’m going to use once I find the DPN’s small enough. Though since I’m going mad with waiting, I might just try to be all brave and attempt them on straights.

He does great work! Also, knitting in the round is just as easy as flat knitting. Give it a try, we’re here to help!

I have just realised it is knit in the round , have not used dpns before.

My boys are impressed!

my son was impressed too. lol he won’t let me touch it.
i have to try and create one for knitting on straight needles.

i am no good at creating lol .

this is me upon reading this thread - :thud: :yay: :woot:
yes virginia, there IS a way to combine two of the most wonderful things in the world. :roflhard:
maybe by the time i can afford to get the 9th doctor and season one of the 10th doctor i’ll have the confidence to attempt a couple a daleks. :pray:

your husband did a great job with the legos. has he thought about putting a sound chip in it? i bet you could take one out of a pre-made toy. [SIZE=“1”]it doesn’t take much to get these ideas flowing. :figureditout:[/SIZE]

That’s so cute!

being the geek that i am, i just found a list of different doctor who craft projects that includes several knitting patterns. i will MOST DEFINITELY be trying some of these. :drool: :woot:

[SIZE=“1”]now to get tired so i’ll actually want to go to bed. :sleepy:[/SIZE]

Those Daleks are the cutest things I have ever SEEN!!! I SO know what I am knitting my Dr. Who fan friend for Christmas (OK, I’m making one for me, too!)

That is a good idea lady violet i will have to tell him:)