Double Pointed Needles DUH moment

I don’t know if this will help anyone or not. I was having trouble keeping my marker on the double pointed needles when I was knitting in the round for a hat. I put a point protector on the end of the needle where the round ended and it worked great. When I got to the end of the round I just moved the point protector to the other needle.

Robin

Oh now that is such a good idea. You need a prize for that! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I place my stitch marker between my first and second stitches when working with dpn’s to mark beginning of rows. I feel clumsy when I put protectors on my needles. You came up with a great idea that seems to be working for you!

I just match up the tail from the cast on with the gap in the needles. :oops: I should try this, though. I :heart: my point protectors…they look like little socks. :smiley:

:cheering: :cheering: very good idea, Robin :thumbsup: I clip a stitch marker @ the stitch below the join of the 1st & 4th dpn :wink: and follow the cast on tail :thumbsup:
I so love hearing everyone’s ways in doing things like this in knitting. Knitting tips are all VERY HELPFUL :happydance: :happydance:

Good to know. You know some mags will send you things for helpful tips, better send them in they are good ones.