Double Knitting using multiple passes

Good Evening to all. My name is Sue. From Wisconsin. I smtimes go by, Ineverknewthelove. I created that bc at an age when there was not much in my life to take care of, I took in 2 mares. I am so glad I did! I still have Lady and Oakley and if u ever hear the line, A horse knows…take it as truth. But, u have to figure out wht they need to tell you.
Ok…have I asked this before? I don’t know…double knitting, one side one color, the other is a diff color. Today , in working this you bring both yarns back n forth to work the K and P but only use the appropriate yarn color depending the K and P stitch. I have found ALL that is out there for the OTHER approach to this, going one row knitting then slipping next stitch, then the return is slipping wht was knitted n purling the slip stitch and slipping the knit stitch. I have psoriatic arthritis and my hands take a lot of punches. Note: Has anyone heard someone suddenly jump n jerk n say an unintelligible word or words that scared the bee Jesus out of you? It might have been me. I laugh automatically and others want to tell me where to go. There are so many talented knitters out there and I want one of them or a whole herd of ladies to create a video, in depth video, about this WAY of DKing. Include, please, color work. I am not the lone wolf out here, I talk to humans too, not just my animals, and this subject alwys comes up, I find myself surprised. One gal said, I like the old way of learning so I have a choice of “how to”. She was younger than me and I understood her completely. Ok thank you for listening, and remember, if sm1 wld do this, don’t leave anythg out! Good Night and if you treat someone like you do when you love an animal, you will put a smile on God’s face.

I’m sorry for the health problems that you’re having. It’s very kind of you to take in the horses. Was that part of a rescue program?
Colorwork with two-pass double knitting would have to be done like intarsia with different balls of yarn for each area of color change on each side. That’s why the videos for colorwork show the one-pass method.
Perhaps someone else has worked this out and can help?

1 Like

Hi Suzanne, try this tutorial from purl soho. I think is method you was takin about. Good luck

1 Like