Double I-cord/Rick Rack Purse

So I am supposed to be making a double I-cord using 6 sts.

Here are the directions:

1a. Bring the yarn around from the back of all six sts, and knit the first three sts. [color=blue](got that part!)[/color]

2a. MOve the yarn to the front of your work and slip the remaining three sts to the right hand needle as if to purl. [color=blue](so, bring my yarn to the front like I am going to purl the next three sts but don’t, just slip them over to the right needle, right?)[/color]

3a. Turn your work[color=blue] (Turn the whole thing around so I am looking at the back of the I-cord?)[/color]

Repeat steps 1a-3a until the double I-cord is 4 in. long

If I am bringing the yarn to the front in step 2 then it is btw the first 3 sts and the last 3 st when I turn the work so how can I bring it around the 6 sts like it says to in step 1a in the repeat? I get lost somewhere between steps 2 and 3 and the repeat. I know once someone helps me out it is going to seem so easy but I am just kind of lost on this. Thanks so much!!!

-Alison

I don’t think you’re supposed to repeat all of 1a, but rather use what you have at this point. That is, bring the yarn behind the 3 stitches, and knit 3. Then bring the yarn between, slip 3, turn and knit 3, bring the yarn between, slip 3 turn and knit 3 etc, etc.

Ingrid’s right. I just did a test of your instructions and it’ll give you, basically, two i-cords side-by-side.

Be sure to pull the yarn tight when doing the k3 so you’re not left with a ladder.

Thanks. I was so confused and wanted to make sure I was doing it right since it is for a woman at DH’s work. It was part of a charity auction. Again, thanks for the clarification.

Ingrid…you always come through for me!!!

-Alison