Dog sweater

I knitted my cocker spaniel, Penny, this dog sweater. Unfortunately, it turned out to be too snug, but I at least wanted to snap a picture of her so I could show her off! (I’m going to try it again in a larger size.)

The pattern if from Michael’s, and the yarn is Lion Brand Fun Fur and Microspun.

[color=grey][size=2]The Mod Squad was here - Photo Resized[/size][/color]

Awww the sweater looks very fun and the pooch is sooooo cute! Great job!

Very Posh, I must say!

Love it!!! :thumbsup:

OMG! I have a copy of that pattern and want to make it in pink for my doggie! That came out so cute! Was it hard?

That is so cute! Too bad it is too small, it doesn’t really look small from the pic.

I hope you find a smaller doggy you can donate it to. :slight_smile:

Too cute! (sweater & dog! ;)). Great job!

:cheering: Great job on the sweater!!!

THAT’S TOO CUTE!!! LOL, when I was making one for my mini doxie this summer I’m afraid I had the opposite problem & made it too big!! LOL, she was not still enough for me to get a pic! What a good dog you have!
LOVE :heart: :heart: the sweater :cheering: :cheering:

That is just TOO cute! :smiley:

I’d really like to try my hand at that for one of my little dogs, but I just looked over the pattern, and got confused from the get-go. :?? That pattern says:

Back:
With MC and straight needles, cast on 35 (51) sts.
Work in Garter st, inc 1 st each end of row every 6th (4th) row 3 (14) times-[b]41 /b sts

When I do that in my head, I keep coming up with only 38 stitches, rather than 41. What am I doing wrong? :thinking:

So adorable! And what a nice, poised model you have, too! Great job! :thumbsup:

So CUTE!!! What a good job!

You’re increasing one stitch at each end 3 times. 2 x 3 = 6 6 + 35 + 41

HOWL AWAY! You are going to have to be careful walking that pooch down the street! It will be obvious to all the other doggies that a celebrity pooch is on the scene! Sweater is TOOOO CUTE! Great job!

awesome–a doggie sweater is top of my list…my dh said that dogs are not supposed to wear clothes…he told me that there was an * at the end of our wedding vows that I must not have noticed…it reads “The only condition under which I’ll leave is if you dress the dog!”…So we’ve come to a compromise since I’m learning to knit–if I knit it–he can wear it! Your’s is great–I love it (and the dog too!)

I love how proud doggy looks! What a model!! :smiley:

Oh my goodness that is SO adorable!!:thumbsup:

I want to make one for my dog too… I just haven’t had the chance yet :rollseyes:

Cute sweater and dog! There are a few “smaller” dog owners around here…maybe you could find one that needs a hand-me-down.

I’m currently working on a sweater for my dog/s…not sure which one it will fit when I finish. It won’t be fancy like yours. Hope it turns out as well. Have run into a snag in the directions. The pattern is in Leisure arts leaflet, I Can’t Believe I’m Knitting. There is a special note which says: All three sections of Leg Openings are worked at the same time, using separate yarn for each section. I don’t quite understand what this means. Did you have any such note with your pattern directions? When I finish this sweater, you’ve inspired me to use fancier yarn on the next one.

Beverly

Answer