Does this Stitch Pattern Have a Name?

I found this pretty pattern in a knitting book from the 70s, identified by a number, not a name. Does it HAVE a name? Here it is:

Row 1: Knit
Row 2: K2tog
Row 3: Knit in front & back of each stitch
Row 4: Purl

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Anyone what it’s called? Just curious…

Sounds almost like a fan type pattern the way it pulls together and then adds back. Or maybe a bobble…

I like it alot and it is very pretty, simple, too. Hmmm, googled it and couldn’t find a name though… maybe since it’s a 70’s stitch it could be called “HappyShineyPeople” LOLOL!!! just funnin ya!

it’s a Granite Relief Stitch

Thank you! For seem reason this was really bugging me, but now I can knit in peace. :slight_smile:

Oooh, it’s gorgeous!

I LOVE Granite Relief. Looks great as a border on hem of body and/or sleeve of cardi.