Do you think it would work - adding onto a FO

I have a shawl that I made out of Paton’s Evita. At the time I made it, I thought I only had 5 skeins so I made the shawl out of 4 and used the 5th to make the fringe. I’ve never worn the shawl because it’s really too small for me.

I went through my stash yesterday and discovered a sixth skein!! Do you think I could undo the binding off, knit up the final skein and add a few extra pieces of fringe? Would it look ok?

I’d go for it. I might not undo the bind off, though, I might just pick up the stitches and do a few rows, and see what I think first. If I liked it, I’d rip back, then undo the bind off and rip back a few rows, then knit with the new skein. But ymmv.

I’d say…if you’re not wearing it now, what have you got to lose?

If you’re up to it–I say GO FOR IT!! WHat can it hurt–and the worst thing that can happen is that you won’t wear it–which you’re already not doing!! It’ll be a good learning experience!!

I hope!! :wall: :wall:

I agree; you don’t have anything to lose by giving it a shot. I wouldn’t even undo it; I’d just pick up stitches, add it on, add extra fringe and leave it. I don’t think anyone will notice the added section.