Do You Find You're Spending WAY Too Much Time on Ravelry? ;o)

I love Ravelry, I might go so far as to say I am addicted. I am also addicted to KH but that’s another post :teehee:. Am I the only one who needs a Ravelry/KH intervention? I think I spend more time on these than knitting itself. I guess it’s my “fantasy knitting life” to quote the gals on Stash 'n Burn. :roflhard:

I can totally relate! Both places are soooo addictive! I’m as hooked on them as actually knitting!

I’m one of the rare few who are not on Ravelry, but I’m thinking of joining. The reason I hesitate is because I’m not sure if I’ll use it. I just don’t know much about it, but it’s free, so I guess there’s nothing to lose, is there.

I spend way too much time here, because I learn so much and like 99.9999% of the people. Even though I’m a ‘member’ of Ravelry, I only go there to check on yarns and patterns. Much rather socialize here. :grphug: :heart:

I’m with you, Debkcs. I use this much more than Ravelry although, I like them both.

I’m with Deb. I only go to Ravelry to check yarn and patterns. I love the “family” atmosphere around here much better.

[LEFT]I most certainly spend too much time on KH, but I am still overwhelmed by Ravelry. I have used it to search for patterns for a specific yarn and I have looked at a few of the posts, but I am just overwhelmed by it in general.[/LEFT]

I’m the same way. Ravelry overwhelmes me so I only use it to check patterns and yarn, but I am completely addicted to KH. I feel like I am being completely deprived if I miss one of my three times a day I get on here, much less if I miss a whole day. I don’t know what I’m going to do while we are on vacation starting Friday. It’s hard to find Wi-fi while camping. :cry:

Nope, :knitting: :knitting: :knitting: I don’t feel like I’m spending too much time on Ravelry or KH but I am spending WAY too much time cleaning house, washing clothes and working…:tap: :teehee: :teehee: My husband sat down in my knitting spot last night to watch a movie and I found myself actually fidgeting and withdrawing because I couldn’t knit comfortably.:pout:

mwhite - I find that offering food (or a cold beer) is usually enough motivation to move the hubby from the knitting spot. Simply prepare something that is a treat for him and let him taste a little, then much like enticing a puppy into the crate for the first time slowly move it away from him and place it where you want him to sit. :wink:

Ok, I put myself on the waiting list. I couldn’t resist this time.

Both Ravelry & KH are my favorite places, although I’m not as intimidated here as on Ravelry.

Umm… yeah, KH and Rav cut WAY into my knitting time! :shifty:

:teehee:

:roflhard: :teehee: Great advice, I’ll try this! LOLOL!

i’m the same. i go on teher a bit but always on here as its a family type atmosphere and no one says a thing for asking silly questions. i played about with another forum a while ago and hated it, it was just so clicky and a bit bitchy. not doing taht one again, everyone here is far to great :teehee:

I use Ravelry to look up patterns and yarn and to see what others have made… I guess you could say I don’t read the book, just look at the pictures :slight_smile:

I am a KH matriarch and the only thing that has changed since the “old days” is that Amy and Sheldon have made it better and better. We have amazing knitters and knitting teachers and wise and kind advisers in “off topic” discussions. And our mods … what can I say… they are wonderful leaders who keep our site “bright and shiny”.

I am also very humbled by the “community leaders” with their knitting expertise, KAL leadership, Charity Knitting and KH family “care” projects.

I love to visit Ravelry and other knitting sites, but KH is home :slight_smile:

That’s me. I love going to Ravelry to check out what all the different patterns look like with different yarns. And it’s the first place I go when looking for patterns. BUT, KH is home. I’ve never even posted anything on Ravelry.

Yup…spend way too much time on both, as well as keeping the Northeast blogs up to date…

They are huge [I]chronovores[/I]!

I definitely agree with you sushi. KH is soo friendly and you don’t have to wait forever for the page to load. Yippee!!

The best part is we have the best moderators who are very friendly to new knitters!! Mods you’re the best!!!

Plus we have very generous people like Jdee and heatherg23 here who donated their yarns to me. Thank you ladies for your help. You made a difference in my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I joined Ravelry in Nov of 07 and just this month have actually started to use it. When I first got on it was overwhelming and I just couldn’t get into it. I decided to look at it again for pattern inspiration and it was almost like a lightbulb went off, I love it now and spend way too much time there looking through stuff and learning how to use the site and it’s advantages.
I spend too much time here though too. I only belong to two groups on Ravelry, the KH one and Tampa Bay Fiber. I like the forums here alot better.