Dish cloths/kitchen towels/pot holder patterns

How about these:

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1050

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/found/owlpothol.html

http://www.lambsearfarm.com/cc138.jpg

I printed them out and will file them in my projects binder! Thanks!

I actually have had to move my projects into a BIGGER binder. Ha so there so I be the most anal retentive! I have printed more projects than I could ever knit in a lifetime but I am gonna die trying!

Okay, now I think I’m going to have to knit some dishcloths. What a great way to practice technique. And they’re cute too! But here’s a silly questions - do you use these instead of sponges? Is that what they’re for?

Suzie, I just love that Alex cloth pink one!

My Grandma used hand-knit dishcloths EXCLUSIVELY for washing dishes!

yup my mom always used them for doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. she stopped using them after my gramma stopped knitting though because she didn’t want to come to the time when she didn’t have any left. i think she is waiting for me to start giving some up to her. of course the one i am working on right now is orange, fuschia, and yellow so it prolly won’t work to well with her blue kitchen…lol

oooooh and somewhere around my house in one of the places i hide old doilies and such there are some potholders with owls on them. Gramma LOVED owls. can’t bring myself to use it though cuz while i don’t like owls at all, they are very gramma! oooh…i should post some pictures of the sweaters she made me as a child. i should also stop just rambling on this thread…back to work…

Two months ago I was at the home of my friend’s mother (who’s an avid knitter) and i told her of my newest obsession. She immediately said, “Oh, you should knit this dishcloth sometime. Everyone that I have given them to loves them!”…

I thought she’d been smoking crack or something. KNIT a DISHCLOTH??!!! :shock: Why on earth would i do that?? I mean it’s not like they’re extremely expensive, or anything!! But, since she was so sincere and she’d gone and found the pattern for me :oops: i felt obligated to try it and let her know how it went…

So I made one for my mom… we were both skeptical from the beginning, but now she LOVES it! She’s desperate for more and wants me to make some for my sister (as all of her store-bought cloths are threadbare). My friend’s mom was right! I couldn’t believe it…

Now i use them as a means to learn new techniques, as i’m still newbiesque. In fact, i’m just finishing up a dishcloth that i used to test out a design. I was making my sister a shawl with this beautiful pink ribbon, but didn’t like the pattern i had at hand and i didn’t want to keep frogging my beautiful ribbon… So i grabbed a ball of Lily, Sugar and Cream and used that to faff around with potential designs. It’s nice and CHEAP and once i got the design i wanted i just carried that over into making it square. So she gets a shawl AND a dishcloth!

I have a whole file of patterns that i’ve collected from the page KellyK mentioned at the beginnig of this thread - all with new techniques for me to practice with…

I admit… i’m a convert… :thumbsup:

-hh