Desperately Seeking Help with Patons Classic Wool Rugged Raglan Sweater Pattern Size Large

Would greatly appreciate help with the BACK portion of the Shape Raglan section of pattern. I cast off 7 sts beg next 2 rows. But row 2 did not end evenly in moss rib pattern of 2nd row. It ended with a knit stitch. I then started with the Next Row (RS). It says to Pat to last 7 sts. Do I determine pattern by looking at work to see where to pick up after K2, P1, K1, P1, Sl1, K1, psso or do I start at the beginning as indicated for the first 2 rows of Moss Rib Pat. Should the knit and purl rows still be lining up on each side as I decrease every other row? I’m stuck until I get help with these questions and I’d really love to keep :knitting: But need your assistance! http://www.patonsyarns.com/pattern.php?PID=2894&cps=21191

Hi, welcome to Knitting Help.

I would look at my work to “read” my knitting. If where I am in the pattern would require a k stitch next, I’d knit it; if it needs a purl, I’d purl it.

Do I determine pattern by looking at work to see where to pick up after K2, P1, K1, P1, Sl1, K1, psso

I think you have the idea! Nice pattern.

I absolutely agee. You save so much time spent figuring out the stitch sequence by just looking at the knit stitches on the needles and continuing the established pattern.