Desperately needing cable help

I am knitting these mitts, and have knitted the cable wrong for about the last eight or nine rows. YOu see where the cable is supposed to be going diagonally to the left and up? Mine is on the inside so that no one can see it. I held to the front instead of the back.

Any suggestions on how to fix? I dont want to do any more of the mitt until I figure it out, and of course I dont want to have to frog if I dont have to either. One tip for people who are knitting stuff like this-trust your instincts!! If it doesnt look right, it probably isnt.

TIA!

If you held the stitches on the cable needle to the front instead of to the back, it would only make it lean the other way, it wouldn’t make the cable on the inside of the mitt. I have a feeling that you are working the cable rows on wrong side rows instead of right side rows.

Are you putting the purl stitches on top of the knit stitches instead of the other way around?

Ingrid, the cable in question’s instructions says to put 2 sts on cable needle to the back…knit 2st, then p 2 sts off the cable needle.

I have been holding the cable needle to the front instead of the back. Any suggestions?

If you get to the cable and the purl stitches are the next to be worked, they need to go to the back so you can knit the cable stitches. If the cable stitches are next, they are held to the front.

Basically, the knit cable stitches should always be in the front and the purl stitches should be always in the back. Sometimes you will put the purl stitches on the cable needle and hold them in back, and sometimes you will put the knit stitches on the cable needle and hold them in front, depending on which way the cable is leaning.

Somebody found this the other day.

The No-frog, Mis-crossed Cable Fix