Decreasing on Purl Side

I am just starting a vest for my DH and after the 2x2 ribbing at bottom of the back the pattern says to end “on” RS and then decrease on the next row a certain # of sts spaced evenly in the row after having changed to larger needles. If I am reading this correctly I would be doing purl decreases as the body of the vest is St st. What is the best purl decrease to use???
Thanks!
Sop 1

The most common is p2tog. Which is just what it says, purl 2 stitches together. There isn’t a video of it in the KH decreases sections, but it’s done like a k2tog only purling.

sue

A P2tog is a right slanting decrease and a SSP (slip slip purl) is a left slanting decrease for the wrong side of your work, if it matters which way it slants in your particular pattern. There is a video of SSP about half way down this page.

Decreasing on the row between ribbing and st st won’t really show, so I’d just p2tog.

:muah: Thank you everyone! I shall forge on with P2tog since it is the first row after the ribbing.
Sop 1

I didn’t see any purl decreases when I checked that page while writing my reply. Maybe I didn’t go down far enough…

sue