Decrease row

I ask this question once and got a answer but still don’t understand. I’m making slippers. I’m stuck on the decrease for the toe. It says work ribbing for 7 sts, * slip, k and psso, k1, k2, tog. *, work 3 sts ribbing, repeat between *'s once, finish row in ribbing; 23 sts.
The answer from dustinac was: The first 7 sts you will work in ribbing…then you will do a SKP and so on which I understand the skip and so on but what does it mean when it says first 7sts you will work in ribbing?
bevscountrycottage.com (Maggieslippers)

If your ribbing is k1,p1 you will k,p,k,p,k,p,k - 7 sts. If it’s k2,p2, you k2, p2, k2, p1 - 7 sts.

The following is directly from your pattern for the slippers

TOE:
ROW 1: P 1, *k1, p1; repeat from * to end. [B]<==this is ribbing[/B]
ROW 2: K1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end. [B]<==this is ribbing[/B]
Repeat these 2 rows of ribbing for 1 1/2 (2-2) ins., end on wrong side.
First DEC. ROW: Work ribbing for 7 (7-9) sts, * slip, k and psso, k1, k2 tog. *, work 3 (5-7) sts ribbing, repeat between *'s once, finish row in ribbing; 23 (25-31) sts.
NEXT ROW: Work 7 (7-9) sts ribbing, p3, work 3 (5-7) sts ribbing, p3, finish row.

So, for the first decrease row, you do the ribbing as established for 7 sts (the first row would be P,k,p,k,p,k,p), then follow the rest of the instructions on that line.

Thanks so much Wenda. Some of this knitting stuff I think I just make to confusing.