Decrease Question

I am knitting the arms of a sweater. I am using double pointed needles where there is a marker at the underarm part of the sleeve. This marker is the beginning of the round. I have to decrease (ssk- I’m assuming this is when I start a new round after I have passed the marker) and then when I get to the marker at the end of the row I have to knit two together. Does this make sense? Also, when you are decreasing knitting a sleeve like this are the decreases done on the underneath side of the sleeve? I guess I just need to understand where the decreases will occur.

Thanks,
Jenny

Yes, you are doing paired decreases when you decrease on either side of a marker. If you were knitting your sleeve flat, you would have a decrease on each end of a row. It’s the same thing, just in the round. And yes, the decreases will be formed on the underneath side of the sleeve, in other words in a line down from the underarm.

Yes, you are doing paired decreases when you decrease on either side of a marker. If you were knitting your sleeve flat, you would have a decrease on each end of a row. It’s the same thing, just in the round. And yes, the decreases will be formed on the underneath side of the sleeve, in other words in a line down from the underarm, in the same place where you would have a seam down the sleeve of a sweater if it wasn’t knit in the round.

Thanks so much for the explaination!

Sorry about the double post…I did not think it went through the first time.

Glad it helped, though!