December 2019, Whatcha' Knitting?

December, already! Where is the year disappearing? There have been lots of beautiful projects this past year and many more to look forward to. Let’s see what you’ve made and hear about your knitting and crocheting plans.
rsz_1christmas-1047321__480
Happy Holidays to all.

1 Like

Just responded to another post with this one. Annual ornaments for grands. Started a knit cardigan. So disappointed that my stockinette and garter aren’t smooth/even.

Is that the cutest snowman ever! The grands will be delighted.

I expected garter stitch to come easily and was excessively frustrated when it didn’t. It just took a very long time to produce an even, consistent sample, much longer than even stockinette. Keep going and I’m sure it’ll work for you too.

Thank you!

Beth

Straight from the needles (unblocked) some simple mittens I made for my wife with self-striping aran yarn.

Simply beautiful! Love the striping.
What yarn is it?

1 Like

It is Novita 7 Brothers Multiraita yarn (https://www.novitaknits.com/en/en/yarns/novita-7-veljesta-multiraita-7-brothers-multiraita-aran). Novita 7 Brothers is the most common yarn in Finland and you find it in every single grocery store here. It is aran and comes in many different colors and stripes.

If there are enough of participants for the knitting course I might teach, I will have the participants to use Novita 7 Brothers because I know all participants will find it without searching or ordering online.

Thanks for the yarn recommendation. It looks grand.
Good idea to make the yarn for a class easy for everyone to find. Good luck with the class which sounds like fun for more than just beginners.

1 Like

Just finishing up some convertible/flip-top mittens, a Xmas present for my wife!

Simple peasant/afterthought thumb style, with double Andalusian stitch across the back. Wool of the Andes worsted weight (almost more of a dk though, i think), and I used 3.25mm dpns to get about 5.75 sts to the inch so they’d be a nice snug gauge, as I knit a little on the looser side. I just kinda made up the pattern, but I used this tutorial as a guide to constructing the flip-top elements, and it was very clear and super helpful: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IAnonw-YXxg

Thanks so much for the guide. Those mittens are a perfect gift, so well knit. They are going to be a hit.
I like your idea of knitting at a bit tighter gauge, too.