December 2017 What'cha Knitting?

Perfect, Jan! It’s a lovely addition to the decorations.

1 Like

Ooh, beautiful. I love the colours!

1 Like

Beautiful, looks nice on the tree

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to make some Christmas ornaments this year, and this “sweater” is perfect! It is something I can do, and is so very unique! I love this idea! Thanks!

I am making a sweater “Wandering Cables”

4 Likes

Lovely sweater!

Ok, it’s not knitting. But I had to share this wreath that I made.

The most hilarious thing was seeing what my boys were up to and finding this…

IMG_6436

1 Like

Fabulous! It’s a great looking wreath and a very flattering hat.
How did you make it?

I used a wire wreath frame and worked SC around each circle. When I got back around to the beginning, I jumped over to the next one until I had covered all 4 circles. I worked back a SC row. Next row was 2 HDC in each stitch. Next row 3 DC in each stitch. Last row of green was 2 DC in each stitch. With white I worked 1 SC in each stitch. My kids commented that it looks like brain ridges.

2 Likes

Yes it does

Socks will be the infusion knitting tomorrow. I’ve slowed way down on the DK cables, my hands are aching.

Sounds clever and creative, Metylda. Aren’t kids a hoot!

Good to vary the projects, Mike and a rest for aching hands is an excellent idea. Hope all goes well.

There’s enough of the hat to know it fits, but it is tight twists, I might need to replace my size 4 needles after it’s done. Last 2 infusions took 2 sticks, I’m thinking about requesting a nurse this time.

Absolutely, If you don’t ask nothing will change. When my children needed blood tests, I always asked for the most experienced nurse.

Infusion nurses are all experienced. 14 rooms, 1-2 people per room, nothing but IVs all day. The one I’d ask for came from the St Jude part so if she had a problem I’d know my veins are going.

1 Like

Salmonmac, they’re not really kids anymore. This year they will be 22 and 18. So I’ve been getting free entertainment for a couple of decades now!

1 Like

I finished 3 elves and 2 holly pins, and now working on toe up Sox…

Those are adorable. Did you have a pattern for the pin and the elves?

They are so cute