Debbie Bliss Shawl Collar Sweater

Can someone help me??

So I’m working front neck edge (not the collar). The last step ended with a WS row, so now I’m on a RS row…I’ve got 62 sts on the needles…

Front
Shape Neck
Next Row: Patt 21 sts, turn and work on these sts only for first side of neck shaping.
Work 1 row
Dec 1 st at neck edge on next row and 3 foll 4th rows. 17 sts.

Here’s my take on this (maybe someone could tell me if I’m heading in the right direction, or possibly point me in the right direction):

I’m going to knit across, from the armhole edge to the center, for 21 sts. Then I’m going to turn my work (do I pass the yarn in between the needles first?) and then work a WS row back towards the armhole, then knit a RS row back towards the center, then on the last two sts of that row I’ll K2tog for the decrease.

On the next part I’m [I]really[/I] confused:

Then I do 3 (or is it 4?) rows with a decrease at the neck edge on the 3rd (or 4th) row, then do that 3 more times :??

Thanks in advance!

You’ve got it right as to which stitches to work. You don’t need to wrap the stitch when you turn since you’re working a section of the piece rather than doing short rows.

For the decreases, count your first decrease row as row 1 (as you described it) and then decrease on rows 5, 9, and 13.