Deadly mistake in Tree of Life afghan pattern?

Working on the Tree of Life afghan, and I’m baffled by row 16 of the Twin Trees section.

Starting with 180 stitches on the needle, row 16 instructions are:
P12, M1, K4, P8, K4, M1, P12 – 42 sts.

So I did that, and repeated it 3 more times, counting each time to make sure I had 42 stitches - perfect.

The problem: This leaves 20 stitches at the end of the row, with no instructions for what to do with them!

Where did I go wrong?!?!?!? I’m really hoping someone can help me!

Thanks in advance,
Doris

Are you remembering the k4 between each Twin Trees repeat?

The pattern for the afghan starts with 180sts and the Twin Trees pattern starts with 40sts
Row 1 (WS): *K4, work Row 1 of Twin Trees pattern or follow Chart Row 1 for 40 sts; rep from * 3 more times,k4

That makes the repeat 44sts with an additional 4sts at the end. 44 x 4 = 176 and the additional k4 at the end makes 180.

I’ve made this afghan too and loved it.

That’s it! Somehow I couldn’t see it - thank you so much!

I have a similar question!

On Row 2 it says,

Row 2: *P4, work Row 2 of Twin Trees pattern or follow Chart Row 2 for 40 sts; rep from * 3 more times, p4. Continue in established pattern following row-by-row instructions or consecutive rows of Chart for 58 rows, ending with a RS row.

That P4 is what is confusing me. The Twin Tree Row 2,

Rows 2-15: K the k sts and p the p sts as they appear

So do I always P4 and then do the Twin Trees pattern? Or do I alternate K and P for those first 4 in each rep, and the last 4 sts after repeating pattern 3 times?

I’m on Row 3 now, will it be “(P4, twin trees pattern 3 times), P4” or “(K4, twin trees pattern 3 times), K4”?

Thank you for any help it is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to KH!
Row 3 would be K4 on either side of the twin trees pattern, K4, twin trees 4 times total, K4. These 4 sts are in reverse stockinette, purl on the RS, knit on the WS.

Alright, thank you! My afghan’s hero!

I’ve made this blanket too and really enjoyed it.