Danbury hooded jacket pattern..HELP!

:hair:Sorry for this long message but I am desperate. Here’s the pattern:

[COLOR=Red] BACK
With smaller needles, cast on 79 (95, 107) sts.
Work in k1, p1 Rib for 4 in. [10 cm]. Change to larger needles. K 1 row, p 1 row. Continue in St st, dec 1 st each edge on next row – 77 (93, 105) sts. Work in St st until piece measures 21 in. [53.5 cm] from beg, end with a WS row.

Armhole Shaping
Dec 1 st each side on next row, then every 6th row 6 (7, 8) times – 63 (77, 87) sts. Bind off.

LEFT FRONT (Button Side)
With smaller needles, cast on 47 (57, 67) sts.
Work in k1, p1 Rib for 4 in. [10 cm]. Change to larger needles.
Row 1 (RS): Knit.
Row 2 (WS): Sl first st holding yarn in front, p 5, sl next st holding yarn in front, p across row.
Dec 1 st at beg of next RS row for side edge – 46 (56, 66) sts.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2, slipping first and 7th st on WS rows to create faux placket. Work until piece measures same length as Back to beg of armhole shaping.

Armhole Shaping
Continue as established, dec 1 st at beg of RS row every 6th row 7 (8, 9) times – 39 (48, 57) sts. Bind off. Mark for 5 buttons evenly spaced on the front placket, with first button just above Rib and last button 5 in. [12.5 cm] below bound-off edge.

RIGHT FRONT (Buttonhole Side)
Cast on and work in rib as for Left Front. Change to larger needles.
Row 1 (RS): Sl first st holding yarn in back, k 5, sl next st holding yarn in back, k across row.
Row 2 (WS): Purl.
Row 3: Sl first st holding yarn in back, k 2, (yo, k2tog for buttonhole), k 2, sl next st holding yarn in back, k across row to last 2 sts, k2tog.
Continue to work as for Left Front, reversing shaping and placket placement and working buttonholes (yo, k2tog) to correspond to button placement on Left Front.[/COLOR]

The right front is where I am having the difficulty. Reversing is not the problem. The problem is lining up the ridges produced by creating a placket. So here is my question:

If you take a look at the left front and the Rt front patterns you will notice that the right front has 3 rows whereas the left front only has 2.

1. Do I do all 3 rows throughout the pattern (although this would not make much sense since the 3rd row is the repeat of the 1st row except for the buttonhole)
  2. Do I only do the 3rd row as stated IN PLACE OF the 2nd row where a buttonhole is to be made?
    So here how I wrote the pattern and please advise me otherwise:

A. Purl.
B. RS: Slip 1st st holding yarn in back, k5, slip next stitchholding yarn in back, k across row to end.
C. WS: Purl.
D. RS: Sl 1st ST holding yarn in back, K2 (yo, k2tog for buttonhole), k2, slip next stitch holding yarn in back, k across to last 2 stitches, and K2tog.
Repeat rows A through C until it is time for the next buttonhole and then do row D in place of the usual B row.

1. Does this sound correct? It seems that the instruction to “skip the next stitch” after the button hole on row #3 produces a chain that does not line up with the rest of the ‘ridge’ that is produced as the placket. Any advice will be so appreciated because I’m going nuts!:zombie:

Does this sound correct? It seems that the instruction to “skip the next stitch” after the button hole on row #3 produces a chain that does not line up with the rest of the ‘ridge’ that is produced as the placket. Any advice will be so appreciated because I’m going nuts!:zombie:

If you have 7 stitches on the placket, with the first and last slipped for the placket, it looks like this:
sl kkkkk sl right?
On the buttonhole rows, they have you end up with 6 knit stitches between the slips, so that must be an error. You’d have.
sl kkOkkk sl

I’d just sl 1, k2 yo k2tog, k1 sl 1 and you’ll end up with
sl kkOkk sl. Do this on the rows where you want a buttonhole and just knit or purl the stitches between the slips.

Ingrid thank you so much. I kind of suspected that this was an error but I do have a question. Would you agree that this ‘3rd’ row is only to be used at the point in th pattern where I have to make a buttonhole and the rest of the pattern would be worked up with rows 1 and 2???

Yes, just work those center stitches in stockinette, unless you want a buttonhole every 3rd row (probably not, huh?).