Dad needs help knitting baby booties

What is the difference between knitting a row and knitting across, or is there a difference? I recently learned to knit in order to help my wife finish some Christmas presents. I had so much fun that I decided to take on a more ambitious project - knitting baby booties for my daughter who is due in March. I printed a pattern off of the Internet and thought this would be simple. I’ve encountered a problem though. My pattern says to “knit across” on row 12. Is this somehow different than the way one would normally knit a row, or is this code for something more difficult? I’ve looked all over the Internet for an answer, and I can’t figure it out. Thanks!!!

Knit across just means to knit the entire row. So nothing difficult or secret there. :slight_smile:

ETA: And congrats on the upcoming birth of your little one. I think it’s awesome that you are knitting for her.

Thanks! I figured that was what it was, but I wanted to make sure since now I’m almost done. hee hee We are a household of scarf and washcloth knitters, so I’m headed into unknown territory here and unfortunately, unknown for my wife as well. This is baby #2. Our 19-month-old son gets a sister in a couple of months. Thanks again for your help!

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: If you haven’t yet, you should take a look a the videos here too–even if you aren’t planning on using the techniques (yet), they are fun just to watch.