Crochet to knitting

Hi. Can a crochet pattern for amigurumi be changed from crochet to knitting? Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Welcome to the forum. Can it be done? Yes. Is it a reasonable undertaking? That depends. Crochet doesn’t directly translate well to knitting. If you can look at the finished product and recreate it in knitting then you could write your own pattern if you desire. Otherwise I strongly suggest looking for a knitting pattern that suits your needs. I crochet and knit; I might be able to interpret a crocheted object into a knit one by producing the desired shape. I would not try to write the knitting pattern. YMMV What pattern are you wishing to convert?

1 Like

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It was a curiosity on my part.

1 Like

That’s cool. There are sites online that claim to show you how to make the conversion. IME it’s not worth the bother since there is almost certainly a similar item already written knit or crochet. Some things like granny squares are IMHO left in the realm of crochet. I’m pretty sure there are knitting patterns for granny square type things.