Crafts Beautiful Simple Mules - How to Make Up?

Hi all,

Anyone ever make this pattern?

http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/projects/?view=view&ID=200#

I finished the sole and the top, but can’t figure out how to put it together. I wonder if I did the top wrong because I saw a post somewhere that said something about how it’s supposed to look like a “giant U”…

Confused…

I’ve read and re-read the pattern, but can’t picture it turning out like your picture. I think I’d have to try it to know for sure. I don’t see where you can join the straight edges on the back of the heel. Sorry!

Ok, you’ll have to forgive me if I’m wrong here… having not knit this before, I worked the pattern out in my head, visualizing as I went along.

I think this was your mistake… I think you skipped the row in bold text.

…Cast off 12 stitches in moss stitch at start of next row. Decrease 1 stitch at end of next row by knitting last 2 stitches together. Decrease 1 stitch at start of next row by knitting first 2 stitches together. Increase 1 stitch at end of next row by casting on 1 stitch after last stitch. Work 1 row without shaping. Cast on 13 stitches at end of next row (25 stitches on needle)…

Does this sound right? I believe it should looke like a U when finished…

Sounds like it makes a lot more sense. I’m not surprised at all! Funny how missing one line can change the shape so much. I sense a little froggy coming along… Thanks!