Cotton cables

I’m hoping to start working on a sweater and I’d like to make it out of a cotton blend (cotton-ease, to be exact). Ideally, it would have cables, but now that I’m reading some patterns and gathering ideas, I’m realizing that a lot of cable patterns recommend wool, only. They claim that cables will stand out better in wool than other fibers.

While knitting with cotton-ease, it seems like any shapes or patterns I put in are very bold and have a great “pop”, but does this shape come out in the wash? What’s your take on using cotton for designs and cables?

Cottonease should work great with cables. To check, take some of the yarn and knit a sample of a cable pattern. Do about 2 cables across and 2 repeats lengthwise to get an idea how it will behave.

Awesome! I enjoy knitting with wool, but as the spring approaches (I mean, can’t approach FAST ENOUGH!!!) there will soon come a need for non-wool items. Glad to know I can do the cables I enjoy in a seasonal yarn.

I’m picking up new knitting skills quickly. But there’s still so much I don’t know (see above thread Re: knitting into the back of a stitch >.<)