Converting Flat Shrug Pattern to Round

Hi All,

I think I’m getting a bit of brain burnout here…

This is from a Mary Maxim pattern of 40 years ago. There’s a 4-row pattern that’s done throughout this shrug, but on vastly different-sized needles for the “cuffs” and the body of the garment. It goes like this:

R 1: (P2 tog) 3x, *(w. fwd. k1) 6x, (p2 tog) 6x, rep from * to last 12 sts, (w. fwd. k1) 6x, (p2 tog) 3x. [This is verbatim from the pattern.]

w. fwd. k1 = yarn forward, k1 ? That’s my take…

R2: Purl
R3: Knit
R4: Purl

So, would I just keep row 1 as written, then just knit rounds 2, 3 and 4?

Then, after I get about 10" or so, when I start working it flat until I get to the other sleeve, just start working it as written? :??

I tried the pattern, but in flat knitting…

Thanks for any help.

Diane

Yep, the wf, k1, is a YO, and this is a simple Feather and Fan type pattern. You’re right, knit all rows and that will work out fine.

sue

Thanks,

I think I was trying to make it more difficult than it is! :doh:

Am I correct in assuming that it will turn out being more or less reversible?

Diane

It won’t really be reversible, the one side will be all purl, but it may look okay on that side.

Well, having done the first 3 inches, I figured that out… :doh: :oops: :roflhard:

But I really like the way it’s looking (on the “right” side…). Because it starts with the first row of the pattern, the edge at the wrist is scalloped.

Time to go on to the larger needles, YAY!

Those first couple rows were a b****.

Thanks,

Diane

Yes, that’s a nice classic pattern that can be done on sleeves, sweaters, scarves, shawls, blankets…

sue