Converting Decreases Ruffle to Increases Ruffle

I found a pattern for a ruffled edge that starts at CO edge. I want to make a scarf using this ruffled edge, but need to to reverse it for the BO edge on the bottom of the scarf. I gave it my best shot. Can someone please check to make sure I didn’t goof on the conversion? Thanks!
:muah:

CO edge (dec):
Row 1 (RS): P2, *K10, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 2 (WS): K2, *P10, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 3: P2, *SSK, K6, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 4: K2, *P8, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 5: P2, *SSK, K4, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 6: K2, *P6, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 7: P2, *SSK, K2, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 8: K2, *P4, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 9: P2, *SSK, K2tog, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 10: K2, *P2, K2. Repeat from * across.

BO edge (inc):
Row 1(WS): K2, *P2, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 2 (RS): P2, Kfb, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 3: K2, *P4, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 4: P2, *Kfb, K2, Kfb, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 5: K2, *P6, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 6: P2, *Kfb, K4, Kfb, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 7: K2, *P8, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 8: P2, *Kfb, K6, Kfb, P2. Repeat from * across.
Row 9: K2, *P10, K2. Repeat from * across.
Row 10: P2, *K10, P2. Repeat from * across.

I knit it up to see how it came out, and I think it’s okay. My scarf pattern calls for 50 sts, and when I was done with the ruffle, I was left with 132 sts (an inc of 82 sts). Does that seem right? The finished ruffle was 2 inches from top to bottom, but I want to make it 4 inches (that would be double). So, should I double 132sts to 264sts when I CO, so I get a 4 inch ruffle? Does that logic actually work out in the pattern?

So what I’m asking is, for a 50 st wide scarf and a 4 inch long ruffle, how many sts do I CO for the ruffle at the start of the scarf (when the ruffle is made from decreases)?

Thanks much!

on row 2 you want to add another Kfb.
Row 2 (RS): P2, Kfb,Kfb, P2. Repeat from * across

i don’t know about casting on double the stitches. since you’re just adding 2 stitches every time, i think what you would want to do is take the number of stitches that you increase, double that, and add it to your cast on. 50 to 132 is a difference of 82. 132 + 82 = 214.

I think you want to cast on 214.

Thanks so much! I knew doubling wasn’t right, just didn’t know what was right. And looking at the original pattern again, I do see that Row 2 gets 2 Kfb. Thanks for pointing that out to me!