Converting a stitch pattern to in-the-round

http://www.haveayarn.ca/stitch/03_2009_stitch_of_the_month.htm

I’m fairly new at circulars and have been trying to do this stitch pattern in-the-round. I knew that I’d have to knit instead of purl rows 2 and 4. Learned very quickly that I wouldn’t be doing a slip stitch at the beginning of each round. Dah.:figureditout: Gotta get some knit stitches in eventually.

So far I’ve done enough to know I’ve got the basic pattern working correctly. It’s that area where a round ends and a new one begins that I feel things just aren’t looking quite right. Brain overload!

Would appreciate it if someone could convert this for me! I’m working with an even number of stitches. Could that also be part of my problems?
Thanks! Jeanie

I think I replied in another thread somewhere, or maybe it got lost in the server crash. Anyway…

Even number of sts, and yes you will have to slip the first stitch on rounds 1 and 3, but not the even numbered ones. Try it this way.

Row 1: (RS) * SL 1, K 1*.
Row 2: knit across row.
Row 3: SL1, * K 1, SL 1,* repeat across row ending with K1.
Row 4: repeat Row 2.

Thanks so much Sue! That should solve my problem.

Whoops, looking at it again, skip the sl1 at the beginning of round 3. I think you’re supposed to alternate the slip sts, so lets try that again…

Row 1: (RS) * SL 1, K 1*.
Row 2: knit across row.
Row 3: * K 1, SL 1,* repeat across row
Row 4: repeat Row 2.

Ya, I got to looking at it a little more closely and was wondering if you realized that the SL 1s, and Ks were staggered/alternated on rows 1 and 3. Now I think you’ve got it right. Thanks for taking a second look.:hug: Jeanie