Conversion from flat to circular knitting

Hi Everyone
I have just knitted Personalised Christmas Stocking by Sarah Gasson. This is a flat knitting pattern. I would like to knit Christmas Stocking also by Sarag Gasson but knit it in the round. I have looked on various sites online, also you tube videos about converting patterns and charts but I am a slow learner when it comes to knitting! So far I believe I have to cast on 2 less stitches and all purl rows are knit rounds. I would like to know whether all other rows/rounds remain the same as the flat pattern or are they reversed? I would like to change the tree motif chart for a medieval heart chart (medieval heart chart by Crystal Guistinello) . Do I reverse this chart eg round 1 become round 19?
Sorry for the number of questions. I’m so chuffed at knitting the personalised Christmas stocking (even though I knit the capital C backwards!) I’ve never knitted a sock before!

With grateful thanks

There are lots of Sarah Gasson patterns on Ravelry but I couldn’t find the Christmas stocking. If you’re knitting this as stranded knitting you should be able to knit the chart as given, all knit rounds. Read all the chart rows from right to left.
If the original pattern is knit using intarsia (larger blocks of a color) then you’ll need short rows to get it to work. Stranded knitting will be fine.
The heart pattern should work depending on the size of the tree. Make sure there are enough rows and columns to fit the heart.

The heel of the stocking may need to be worked differently in the round, depending on the instructions for the heel worked flat.

Dear salmonmac

Thank you for such a prompt response to my queries. With regard to the heart chart - the stocking is knit from the cuff down, do I start knitting from round 19 to round 1?

Thank you.

Yes, reverse the chart for cuff down.

Thank you. Have a great week!

Dear salmonmac
I’ve now reached the instructions for the heel and I’m using Sarah Gasson’s Personalised Christmas Stocking now. Do I follow the instructions as they are but change each wrong side row to reverse eg. ws in flat: s/1, p24, yb, s/1, yf,turn now converts to s/1, k24, yf, s/1, yb, turn ?

Thank you so much.

It looks like the seam runs up the front of the stocking (if you were wearing it). If so, then you would work the heel as given in the directions.
You might put in a lifeline and try this to see how it works. If necessary, you can rip back to the lifeline and re-do.

Thank you, salmonmac for all your help and for giving it so quickly. I’ll try this. My lifeline is already in!