Confused

Does anyone know what 2/2 PRC and PLC means, for doing the Twin Trees knitted pattern?

Welcome!
It should be defined in your pattern either at the beginning or at the end. It’s usually a cable: 2 over 2 purl right cross. Slip 2 sts to cable needle and hold in back, k2, then p2 from the cable needle.

Thank you so much.

I am trying to understand this cable system too, and really confuse. Trying to find a way to understand those symbol and without referring the instruction all the time.

I know the R is to move the sts to back and L is to front.
But what about those number# xx/x ? What does it referring to. Why is the 2/1 PRC only slip 1 sts and the 2/1 PLC is slipping 2 sts.

2/1 PRC: Slip next st onto cable needle and hold in back, k2, p1 from cable needle
2/1 PLC: Slip next 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in front, p1, k2 from cable needle.

Thanks

1 Like

The important thing about both the 2/1 PRC and the 2/1 PLC is that the 2sts appear at the foreground. In order to cross the sts, either you hold one stitch back and let the 2sts cross right or you hold 2sts front letting them cross left.

Try this out on a swatch, play around with the sts and you’ll get a feeling for the cable shorthand.

https://imgur.com/yELwHfj

I think I got stuck at Row 18 (RS) and Row 19 (WS). It just doesn’t match when come to Row 19.
All WS rows : K the knit sts and p the purl sts as they appear.

Row 19 (base on chart):
k5, p2, k5, p3, k1, p2, k2

Row 19 (base on my outcome) :
k5, p2, k5, k1, p2, k1, p2, k2

Thanks

Looks like a mistake on the 13th box from the left in row 19 of the chart. Since the chart is symmetrical you can compare it to the cable on the right hand side of the chart. That open box on row 19 should have a dot in it.

I think so too.
Thanks Salmonmac.