Confused

Hi ladies, I’ve got a question regarding a pattern out of a book. It’s for a dog sweater. I understand everything else, but before I start this I wanted to clarify.

It’s for the leg openings. The pattern has a note attached. (NOTE all three sections of the Leg Openings are worked at the same time, using separate yarn for each section)???

I new at this and for the most part I try not to ask question, google is amazing LOL! But.

I have no clue what this means? How do I use separate yarn for each section?

Thanks in advance, I know this is probably something easily explained, but I don’t get it at all.

Three leg openings? Special dog, I guess…

Anyway, each ball of yarn has two ends - you’d use both ends on two of the openings, then a strand from another skein.

The leg hole sections are like tiny little sleeves. So their sides won’t be joined together like the rest of the sweater. You’ll need a separate skein of yarn for each section. If the sleeves are really short, you can pull yarn off one skein, cut it, and wind it into three little balls.

You’ll use yarn from skein 1 on the first section, when you get to the end of the first row, just drop that yarn for now. Most likely there will be an expanse of knitting, possibly bound off stitches that you won’t work right now. Move past them to where the next leg section is, pick up the yarn from skein 2 and start knitting that section. Do the same with the 3rd leg section. Then go back to the first skein, and knit the next row.

I hope that makes sense, I can see it in my head, but am not sure it translated well!

Trust the pattern, when you actually get to the spot where you need to work with three little skeins, hopefully it will make more sense because you can see it.

Okay I get what you are saying but that brings up other questions LOL. How or where do I join the new yarn? How do I keep track of 1 2 and 3 they are all the same color.

Yes, you guess it, I’m blonde! :roflhard:

Thanks because I do see what you are saying. Just not sure how to join it? Is it joined at the spot of where it calls for 3 yarn and do I just tie it in there of before I get to the row?

All you need to do is pick up an end and start knitting with it - leaving about 3-4 inches to be woven in later. The first couple stitches may be a little loose for a couple rows, but they won’t pull out. As for keeping the strands straight, that will be easy once you get started.