Confused on pattern

good morning. i am making a basic sweater in st stitch and i am on the front. it says to work across 24 stitches then bind off 4 work across remaining 24 stitches. then working on the second half of the st only work even for 2 inches. what does work on the second half of the stitch mean? could someone please help me. i am still new to knitting.

It is always a little hard to say without seeing the full pattern or a picture of the sweater, but this is almost definitely what they mean: you’ve divided your sweater in half-- you knit 24 sts, which, presumably is the left half of the sweater, then bound off 4 sts, which is likely the beginning of the neck? And then knit 24 more sts, which is then the right half of the sweater. Since they did it in that order, I would assume it’s that second set of 24 sts, the right half, that they want you to now knit 2" on. Make sense?
What is the pattern? Can you post a link to it if on line, or the page and book is that’s where you got it from?

thank you yes i think it makes sense. i just keep reading what you said and the pattern and it seems like they have you work one side and the the other and then there is a plackeet for 3 buttons. i will keep trying and if i get stuck i will post again. thanks again!!

thank you yes i think it makes sense. i just keep reading what you said and the pattern and it seems like they have you work one side and the the other and then there is a plackeet for 3 buttons. i will keep trying and if i get stuck i will post again. thanks again!