Confused AGAIN! Short Row question

I’d like to make this Big Snuggly shawl/wrap for a friend for Christmas. This will be my first experience with “short row”, and I’m confused by the instructions. :wall:

The pattern says:

Put a safety pin or piece of contrasting yarn on the right side of the work. Now you will short-row to create the point and turn the corner as follows:

Knit to within one stitch at end or row, turn and knit back.
Knit to within two stitches at end of row, turn and knit back.
Knit to within three stitches at end of row, turn and knit back.

Continue knitting one stitch less each right side row until no stitches are left. Just leave the unworked stitches on the needle as you go. This method will leave a line of decorative holes on either side of the “triangle”.

End having just worked a wrong side row.
Now do the opposite and knit one stitch more each right side row, turn and knit back, until all the stitches are worked. Then knit straight for 30 inches or the same number of rows (ridges) as you did for the first end, turn and knit back, until all the stitches are worked. Then knit straight for 30 inches or the same number of rows (ridges) as you did for the first end.

The bolded part is what confuses me. How do I knit “one stitch more”? Am I supposed to do an increase? If so, why wouldn’t it just say so? :??

I finally decided to disregard the instructions, which weren’t making sense to me, except the part about doing the “opposite”. I made a miniature sized sample piece and figured out what to do. It was a real “DUH” moment for me. :figureditout:

Sometimes I feel like learning to knit, for me, is like a salmon swimming upstream. I feel driven to do it, but it’s so very hard. :rollseyes: It doesn’t come easy to me AT ALL. :wall:

I’m glad that you managed to figure it out. My first {and only so far!} experience with short rows has been with socks. When I get to the point where I’m turning the heel {I typed hell first, perhaps I should have left that! :roflhard: } I sit down, follow the instructions carefully, and refuse to let anyone interrupt me until I’m finished it. Otherwise I get all confused!