Confused about stripes

Ok, I’ve read a lot of things about how to change colors with stripes, but if you have something that requires you to change a color every row or every two rows, how do you do this efficiently? Do you really cut the color off and weave in ends at the end of every single row? What do you do?

Thanks in advance!

If you are changing colors that often you can carry the color up the side for a row or two. You don’t want to carry it too far though and if it’s not something that will be seamed the edges won’t look quite the same. Give it a try on a swatch and see what it looks like.

There’s lot of patterns where you knit 2 rows with each color so you would be starting and ending the changes at the same edge of the piece. So you twist the colors loosely around each other.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing. Just wasn’t sure if that was an accepted practicce for this or not. Seems a little strange.

Oh I think I know what you’re talking about. I think i saw a video once about twisting colors. I’ll give that a shot. Thanks. :slight_smile: