Color help needed

I’m thinking about making a sweater for a boy in a rich burgundy color, but maybe with a little bit of contrasting color on the sleeves and/or bottom. What would be a nice color to complement or go along with the burgundy? (I’m such a nerd!)

I think navy blue or sage/olive green stripes would be a great masculine color combo!

Perhaps a shade of gray?

How about egg shell blue?

I made my grandson a sweater with burgandy and forest green, his mother’s requested colors and it looked good and got many compliments when worn.

Or a gold color.

I’d be careful with gold. It might look too Harry Potter-ish, if that’s not the effect you want.

I think gray would be very nice.

Ooo, I vote for gray, too. With white it looks a little xmas-y, same thing for green. It’s funny now that burgundy and gold should leap to one’s mind as HP. It doesn’t for me, but I’m not that into it.

what about black or white trim??
IS THIS the baby sweater combo that you posted about earlier ( and have lost lots of precious sleep to?
can you post some pics for us??:think:

I think gray or a cream color would be the best. I’d probably go for a dark charcoal gray. A dark blue or green might look good as well. Good luck :smiley:

I just finished a round ripple baby afghan and I have burgandy and med. gray together. It looks really nice.

Black.

These are all [B][U]AWESOME[/U][/B] ideas–thanks!!! :muah: I am quite conservative and boring when it comes to color, so I have to ask for help in that department. :oops: You guys rock!!!

aineepooh1, this actually is not the sweater I had posted about previously (sweaters for the twin layettes). I decided to go with bright color blocks for the sweaters, and use Homespun for the blankets, because it’ll be a quick knit, plus, my toddler LOVES her Homespun blanket (and hopefully the new little babies will too). I’m almost done with the layettes, actually–just finishing up one of the little blankets, but everything else is done–whew!:thud:I’ll need to do some snooping to see if the mom or family members are knitters to make sure they don’t visit this site before I post any pics–I don’t want to ruin the surprise!

Thanks again, everybody!!!:cheering: