Clusters Over Easy

I am working on an afghan blanket where I am combining a variety of different swatch squares. I did come across a pattern called the “Clusters Over Easy”, but am a bit confused by the first row.

Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 5th chain from hook and in next chain, CL around last dc made; *skip next 2 chains, (dc, ch1, dc) in next chain, skip next chain, dc in each of the next 2 chains; rep from * across to last 2 chains; skip next chain, dc in last stitch; CL around last 2 dc just made; rep from * across, ending skip 1, chain, dc in last chain; chain 3 (counts as first dc on following row), turn.

SO I worked the dc in 5th chain from hook and into the next one and clustered around the last dc. I worked from first * to second one* to the end of the row, then it gets confusing, am I working backwards to do the clusters around the 2 double crochets that I made throughout this first row? For in row 2 I will be working dc’s into each of the clusters from row 1?

@OffJumpsJack
@Snowfleas
Would you please take a look at this question?

@Belyn, I am sorry for the delay in my response. I find life is not letting me visit as often as I’d like. :expressionless:

I will look for the “Clusters Over Easy” pattern. At first glance it looks like you could be starting from a corner and working diagonally or from a center and working rounds.

Sometimes it only takes a sample picture or a few rows of pattern -code- instructions

2 Likes