Clarity Cardigan Help

I really not sure how to continue this section., and I got stuck from "then overlap…"
Hoping someone here can help me.

Row 1: K1, p1, K1, yo, ssk, knit to 6 sts before left pocket. P1, k1, p1, then overlap the last 3 sts of left front to first 3 sts of the back piece.
Knitting into the stitch in front (from front left) and the stitch in back (from back piece) K1.
Using the same method, purl together the next 2 sts from both needles, then knit together the last 2 sts.
Knit to 3 sts from right pocket

Thanks

Hmm… I’m not sure, but a lot of people who have made it have notes on the pockets. Hopefully someone here or in those notes can help.

That’s an interesting join. The easiest thing to do is knit to the last 6sts, p1,k1,p1 then slip the last 3sts to another needle, a dpn if you have one.
Hold these 3sts in front of the first 3sts of the back sts. Knit a stitch from the dpn and a stitch from the back together (k2tog), purl the next stitch from the dpn and a stitch from the back together (p2tog), then knit together the 3rd stitch on the dpn and the next back stitch (k2tog).
It’s kind of like a 3-needle bind off without the bind off step.

You want both RS facing you, not RS facing together as in the video.

ty Salmonmac,

I really find there is something not right on Row 4 onward.
The Row 4 is WS, and normally in this pattern it is K1, p1, k1, then purl the rest.
What do you think? Do you think I should just follow the instruction or swapping the Row 5 to Row 4, and Row 4 to Row 5?

Row 2 (WS): K1, p1, k1, purl to pocket, p1, k1, p1, purl to next pocket bottom edge, p1, k1, p1, purl to 3 sts from end, k1, p1, k1.

Row 3: K1, p1, k1, yo, ssk, knit to pocket edge, p1, k1, p1, knit to next pocket edge, p1, k1, p1, knit to 5 sts from end, k2tog, yo, k1, p1, k1

Row 4: K1, p1, k1, yo, ssk, knit to 5 sts from end, k2tog, yo, k1, p1, k1.

Row 5: K1, p1, k1, purl to 3 sts from end, k1, p1, k1

Repeat Rows 4 and 5 for 2 inches or 5 cm, or desired length, ending with a WS row.

Bottom edge:
Row 1: (K1, p1) repeat to end.
Row 2: (p1, k1) repeat to end
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 2 more times. Bind off in
pattern.

It’s worth searching through the projects, as Jan mentioned above.

On one, https://www.ravelry.com/projects/IvoryEve/clarity-cardigan
I found this comment on rows 4 and 5 which certainly are mixed up (purling on a RS row, and knitting on a WS row).
“errata after row 3: 4 is also a RS, so you have to knit row 3, then row 5 and then row 4. then repeat this last 2 rows as in pattern told.”

So yes, swap rows 4 and 5.
It’s worth messaging the designer and asking for corrections to this pattern. She was paid for it and should be responsible for correcting and updating.

Thanks Salmonmac.,
Btw, how did you find the comment? I tried to go through every project people make in this pattern, but seem difficult to get to what I really looking for.

I did try to message the designer in 3 different emails., and none of it replies.
I really feel so regret to buy this pattern, if I know it going end up this way, I will not buy it at all.
A lot of times I was just guessing what to do next in this pattern.

That’s so frustrating!
I went to the projects page and in the filter box at the top, typed “row 4”. It brought up all mentions of “4” and “row” (about 13 projects) but in one case the comment I linked to above.

yea. it is. I sent it before Christmas tho. :frowning:
ahh… learn something new how to search in ravelry. :slight_smile: Thanks Salmonmac

You can search Ravelry. I use it ALL THE TIME to find answers to questions about everything from needle size to errata in a pattern. In conjunction with Knitting Help you can usually find your answers.