Clarifying instructions

I am fairly new at crocheting, but I have been able to teach myself quite a few interesting stitches by using on line sites. The blanket I am trying to start is called “Corner to Corner, or Tumbling Blocks Baby Blanket”. I am stumped by the 2nd row sentence: “Miss next 3 dc. (Sl st. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp – block made.” Can anyone clarify? I’ve included the full set of instructions as reference.

INSTRUCTIONS
Note: Blanket is worked from corner to corner. Ch 6.
1st row: (RS). 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as ch-3 and dc). 1 dc in each of next 2 ch. Turn. 1 block.
2nd row: Ch 6. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook. 1 dc in each of next 2 ch – beg block made. Miss next 3 dc. (Sl st. Ch 3. 3 dc) in next ch-3 sp – block made. Turn. 2 blocks.

Bumping this for you. We have more knitters than crocheters the answers take a bit longer.

This is the setup for a corner to corner, and it takes a little thinking at first (I had to look it up every single time for my first four or five c2c projects.) It’s not hard, it’s just wrapping your mind around the concept.
If you look at the rows of blocks, the individual blocks are at ninety-degree angles to the previous row.

You make the beginning block, chain six, make the two double crochets in the chains next to the piece, then skip the whole top of the first row and work into the side of the block. That’s what gives the piece that distinctive look.

All through the piece, you never work into the top of the stitches; you’re always working into a chain or the side of a stitch.

C2C is a lot of fun and tends to work up very quickly, so I think you’ll like it once you get the idea.

Thank you, Becky for your response. Your instructions are clear, now that I know what a Ch space is. I did learn to do this by consulting a sales person at the store where I buy my yarn. It is fun. I may be back when it’s time for me to start decreasing!

Sashamom