Clan Arans

Wow! I just clicked on one of the advertising links and found Clan Arans. What beautiful sweaters! Wowwie! Excuse me, whilst I ponder from whence and/or whom I can sequester 110 bucks for my kit … :verysad:

Wow I think my mom would pass out if I knit hers…McCarthy. It is quite beautiful…one day

I would knit Sweeney sweaters for my elder brothers, but I don’t think they would take such good care of them. Or I could make one for my nephew, but he’s 6’8" and I would be elderly before I finished a huge sweater like that! :lol:

I hear ya Sara! :wink:

WOW! Those are some awesome designs but I’m not into making sweaters yet though. :crying:

Aww … no worries deary!! You WILL get there :wink: Besides, there’s nothing wrong with expanding your “Things to Knit” list. I expand mine all the time … :study: sigh

WOW…those are VERY COOL!! But…I am very English, Scottish and my husband French…couldn’t even find an ancestor name in the bunch…which is a good thing bc I would want to knit it and I’ve just gotten my book on knitting sweaters & I don’t start out quite that complex ;)!
Now…if it were a sock…no problem!

I know what you mean … it’s a good thing I can’t start one b/c I’ve patterns for sweaters at home that have been on THE LIST for quite some time. But hey - I’ve got room on My List for more … Let’s see … ekgheiy writes in her fat notebook

3,675,849: Pullovers for Her, Chunky Sweater
… 3,675,850: Second Knitty Kyoto Sweater, choose different colors.
… 3,675,851: Pullovers for Her, Relaxed Weekend (first one too big; gave away; make one that fits!)
… 3,675,852: Lionbrand’s Autumn Throw
… 3,675,853: Clan Aran’s (which one? tba…)
… 3,675,854…

Those are gorgeous! Makes me wish I was Irish, instead of Italian/German and married to a French Canadian. LOL

My mother’s family was/is from Ireland, but I’m not crazy about the sweater for her maiden name. :frowning:

Why would wish that? :thinking: Do you have to be Irish to make one of the sweaters?? :frowning: Hm…well foo-ey with da rulez … I have been know to break a few … one more won’t hurt :eyebrow:

:happydance: That’s right - phooey to the rules, and a neener neener as well! (DH is of Irish descent, but we’ve only found his clan name in one place, apparently they weren’t a very big clan or something!) :roflhard:
I was just thinking to myself - self, I says…I have to come up w/a system so that non-Irish persons can enter their last name and come up with an Aran design…Something like designating a stitch pattern to each letter of their name… :thinking: hmmmm…

:drool: :drool: :drool: I just know that you will post it whence this system is unearthed… :mrgreen:

Uh no… but I’d be knitting some stranger’s family aran instead of my own. :frowning:

:thumbsup: Oh yeah - I’m good like that! Considering that most of my inspiration comes from this site, it’s only fair that I share :wink:

Uh no… but I’d be knitting some stranger’s family aran instead of my own. :([/quote] Yeah, that would kind of be like wearing another families crest. I suppose if you liked it you could… but why?

I am of Irish descent, but I don’t like them at all.

I know what you mean … it’s a good thing I can’t start one b/c I’ve patterns for sweaters at home that have been on THE LIST for quite some time. But hey - I’ve got room on My List for more … Let’s see … ekgheiy writes in her fat notebook

3,675,849: Pullovers for Her, Chunky Sweater
… 3,675,850: Second Knitty Kyoto Sweater, choose different colors.
… 3,675,851: Pullovers for Her, Relaxed Weekend (first one too big; gave away; make one that fits!)
… 3,675,852: Lionbrand’s Autumn Throw
… 3,675,853: Clan Aran’s (which one? tba…)
… 3,675,854…
[/quote]
:roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling: :roflhard: so true, so true!! My project list is [color=orange][size=7]HUGE[/size][/color]

Excuse me whilst I hem&haw and kick&scream and throw a general hissy fit. What if I make one and only wear it on St. Patty’s Day. Isn’t everyone a little Irish on St. Patty’s Day. giggle Just joshin’ ya guys! :mrgreen:

But I do agree with ya Nuno, I too don’t like all of them. But of the one’s that I do like … :eyebrow: St. Patty’s Day here I come … :lol:

Isn’t everyone a little Irish on St. Patty’s Day. giggle Just joshin’ ya guys!
That reminds me of a dirty pick up line I used to get all them time :wink:

Well dang! That’s superfoul … how can you leave with a cliffhanger like that?? :shock: Do tell … my eyes are glued to the screen … :angelgrin: