Christmas Stocking

Oh WOW I just love it! I love it better than mine.
What is ‘duplicate stitch’?
Is that where you stitch over the original knitted stitch when you’re all done? Because it makes it stand out so nice. My name/date/pictures are knitted right into the pattern and sometimes I wish I could see it better, like yours.
Anyway: GREAT JOB! :thumbsup:

sue

:aww:

That’s exactly what duplicate stitch is. I like it because it does make it stand out better, and it’s a lot easier than knitting it in, but sometimes you can still see the original stitch underneath. But, I can live with that. lol.

OH I LOVE IT!!! Did it take long to make? I think I might want to start on making some stocking in January to give for next Xmas!! Very Very Nice work!!!

That particular one took me about 2 months, but I started one last Sunday and finished the knitting part of it on Thursday, so it doesn’t really take that long once you get into it. The part that takes the longest is the embroidery.

LadyJessica:
I about fell off my chair when I saw your stocking. A long time ago a family friend gave me stockings she had knitted for my two children. I have asked her for the pattern and she has not been able to find it. I now have a grandchild and one on the way and I wanted to make them this stocking.
Can you tell me where I might find this pattern or would you be willing to share?
Here is a photo of one the stockings I have.

Very nice!!

Pug, please go to http://ruthlessknitting.ruthlessediting.com/vintage-santa-stocking-pattern
This pattern is a free one at this site. I didn’t know any other way to get this info to you. Tried starting a new thread, but I am a newbie and am not familiar with the board. I hope you get this.
Pepsi