Chevron poncho problem

hi there…i’m knitting a chevron poncho and have stumbled across a problem…i don’t seem to be ending up with the right amount of stitches in the 2nd row that i should. the first 2 rows read as follows:
1st row- k1, skpo,k9, sl 2, k1, p2sso; rep from * to last 12 sts, k9, k2tog, k1. 123 sts (this is after casting on 147 sts and k 1 row straight.)
2nd row-p6,
(p1, yo, p1)in next st, p9; rep from * to last 7 sts, (p1, yo, p1)in next st, p6. 147 sts.
these 2 rows form the pattern, but i seem to be getting stuck on the 2nd row. what exactly does ‘in the next stitch’ mean after the p1, yo, p1? i tried doing it yo, p1, yo, and i seemed to be getting the correct amount of sts, but the wee holes made in doing the yo seem to be out of place. however, they don’t seem to be right when doing the p1, yo,p1!
could there be a printing error?
any suggestions would be appreciated!
the pattern is from debbie bliss’ simply family book.

(P1, yo, P1) in next stitch means that you are going to do all three of those things in brackets into the SAME stitch. So you would purl the stitch, DON’T slip it off the left needle at this point, do a yarn over, then purl the same stitch again. You are making 3 stitches where there was one. This could be where your mix-up is happening.