Charts are so strange

So I have this cable that looks cool and the book it is in comes with a “dictionary” of how to read the charts but I have no idea what this one is. Can anyone decifer this?

There should be an explanation of the cable parts of the chart in the book and lots of tutorials online somewhere, but on row 3, starting from the right and knitting across to the left, you have 9 stitches of stocking in the middle of 2 purl coloumns right? For row 3, knit up to and including the purl column, knit 3 normally, then C6F: i.e. put the next 3 stitches on a cable needle and hold to the front, knit the next 3 from lefthand needle, then knit 3 from cable needle.
That was: k3, C6F (which uses up 6 stitches altogether, 3 each way), for a total of 9 stitches (the whole stocking stitch part between the purl columns)
then do the purl, k2tog, purl (if those diagonal lines mean k2tog).

On row 7 if a right side row (which it must be) do the purls, when you get to the 9 stocking stitches do a C6B, then knit 3.
That’s (put 3 stitches on cable needle and hold at the back, knit next 3 from left needle, knit 3 from cable needle), then k3 equals the 9 st st.s again, then the purl columns as before.

This chart is strange because it has lines to mark off the 3 sections that are used for the cables even when you’re knitting flat. I’m sure it’s meant to be helpful, but it is distracting.

That’s what I said!!!

I actually think it is clearer for me this way.

Once you get used to it, it will be easier to read than a whole bunch of rows and Ps and Ks