Chart reading help

Hi everyone,

I’m starting my first chart reading project and am confused with where the repeats are and how to recognize them…

It is a zig zag color chart. If anyone can please explain it to me I would be very grateful. :aww:

Scroll down til you see
http://community.livejournal.com/knitting/7647376.html

Thanks!

Usually they have red lines on the chart to tell you where to begin repeats.This is a simple chart so they didn’t need to add them.When you get to the end of the first row just start from the beginning of the row again.

I did that the first time but it’s not right because I’m supposed to repeat the pattern on each row a number of times…I’m just not sure when I’m supposed to repeat…the numbers at the bottom are
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2
Am I supposed to repeat the pattern every time I am finished with the 2nd 2? I know I’m making something simple seem confusing but I’m new to this :aww:

The numbers at the bottom are the stitch numbers - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 - the ones up the side are the row numbers, they just kept them to single digits for space. So on the first row, st 1 is dark, 2-12 is light. R 2 (going back flat), all the sts except the last one are light, then dark - basically the same as row 1, then follow the pattern.

Hope that helps…

Thanks so much for the responses.

I’m actually knitting this as a hat on 16in circulars. Could you please explain how to do this with the pattern?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks! :hug:

Read all rows of the chart from right to left then. The chart shows the pattern as look at it from the RS. Since you’re always knitting on the RS in the round, that’s how you follow it.