Changing needles mid-pattern

What are the reasons, aside from a softer finished fabric, that a pttern might switch from smaller to larger circs 10 rows into a baby blanket?

Curious.

Right now, it seems like the only purpose was to make sure that the knitting looked loose and awful just when I felt like I was making some progress - some sort of insurance that I’d definitely have to start the blanket over… :?eyebrow:

What are the REAL reasons?

It depends on what the pattern is trying to accomplish. Switching to a larger needle can make the fabric look more airy…complemented by a tighter fabric on the ends…or some variation of that idea. Do you have a pic of what it is supposed to look like? That might help answer what the “real” reason is.

Not really. I found the pattern online and all they had was a swatch. It looks airy alright… :roflhard:

Fulla HOLES is more like it!

I’ll see if I can find the swatch pic.

Here it is…

odd swatch. what’s the pattern FOR though? i have a baby afghan pattern that switches back and forth between 3s and 13s to create a sort of “ruffled” effect. it is cute though i got bored to tears with it within two repeats!

It’s for a baby blanket/afghan…

I think the swatch ( I THINK…) is just for the pattern repeat without the border…

Looked wierd when I found it, but the pattern seemed doable enough…

Sigh…

I’ve started this blanket 50 times, if you count the number of times I started it in my head while standing in front of the yarn shelves. :rollseyes:

At least ten, if you don’t…

yeah, can’t really tell from the swatch! You could just trust it and hope it all works out??? :shock:

Yeah I guess that’s what I’m doing since I appear to keep knitting no matter what happens. :roflhard:

We’ll see. I was hoping it was some obvious noob thing I didn’t know…