Changing a Collar

I finished the Flax pullover in August and was looking forward to wearing it this winter but now that the weather is cold enough I’ve found that the neck style rides a little too high up the front of my throat and makes me feel like it’s trying to choke me (it’s not knit too tight I just have a sensitive neck area).
My query is what’s the best way to change out the neck finishing to more of a scoop or v neck so it sits just low of my collar bone. I really love the sweater and it took me waaaaayyyy long to knit and I don’t want to have to just give it away because it bothers my neck. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

This is such a pretty pattern in all sizes! I’ve made a couple of the baby sizes.
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/flax

Since it’s top down, it’s not so easy to change the collar but it can be done. You can lower the neck, making it more of a scoop using this method:

Just be careful when you get to the raglan seams. Make sure you pick up all the sts.
Definitely try this out on a good sized swatch before cutting into your sweater!