Cating Off Ribbing?

When casting off 1x1 or 2x2 ribbing in pattern,which side do you do it on? RS orWS? Thank

It doesn’t matter as long as you’re knitting the knit stitches and purling the purl stitches.

I find that casting off in ribbing tends to put the stitch at the very edge of the piece, neither ws or rs. Especially with 1x1 rib.

Double and single ribbing don’t have right and wrong sides.

As long as you have the same number of stitches, there is no right and wrong side.

Hi everybody,

I’m new and this is my first post.
I think I just post my question here since it’s the same topic I want to ask.

I watched knit-one-purl-one bind-off video that Amy demonstrated.
And she did a really good job about that!
But when I tried to bind off my knit-one-purl-one ribbing on my sock, I was confused when I was left with 2 stitches on my left needle.
What should I do with them?

Any comments will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

TuscanSun - You should still be able to bind off one more, then you’ll cut your yarn and then thread the end through the last remaining loop.

Thanks everyone. That’s what I thought. How about casting off stocking stitch?

BTW, Conti I found [FONT=Arial][B]The Sweater Workshop by J Fee[/B] on ebay and bought it. I had read your glowing report of it on another posting.Hope to get it soon.[/FONT]

You cast off the same way, but you knit all stitches instead of k1, p1. If you want to do it on the purl side, you purl all stitches. The cast off is passing the one loop over another, not how you make the stitches.

Got it!
Thanks for the tips, D :thumbsup: