Casting On to Close Round

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]Hey everyone -[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]I’m working on a pair of fingerless gloves from a Knitty Gritty episode. [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5306055,00.html[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]I’m working on the [B]Thumb Gore[/B] part, and I’m at Number 5. It says to CO 2 stitches to fill in the gap and finish the round. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]Higher up in the instructions ([B]Special Stitches[/B]) it explains what to do when casting on in the middle of the round it says use a knitted on or backwards loop method.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]I’ve searched through the forum archives and read some of the help for the backwards loop method and have watched the video. However, I have a question…[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]To close the round would I cast on the new stitches on the left or right needle? (My working yarn is on the right needle). Do I or don’t I knit these stitches straight away? :?? I think I knit them on the next go around. I’ve tried a couple of things but it’s not working out.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]Also, could someone tell me what a knitted on stitch is? You all are fantastic and have always come to the rescue![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]Thanks,[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkslateblue]LeAnn[/COLOR][/FONT]

I’d put them on the right needle and knit them the next round. You can use the backward loop, or knitted, or cable cast on. The knitted is where you knit the end stitch on the right needle and then put the loop over the tip. Amy has video on all the cast-ons. For 2 stitches, I don’t think it makes all that much difference.

Thanks Ingrid! I did just that and used the backwards loop and it worked out beautifully. I’m knitting on.

I’ve asked my question in a new thread. Sorry for the confusion. Just learning this whole “forum” thing. :wink: