Casting Off Corrections

I have casted off an extra stitch and need help putting it back on! It asked to cast off 9…I cast off 10. Please help? I am also left handed…

You should be able to lift the extra cast-off stitch off the work and put it back on the needle. (You’ll almost have to be holding your work and looking at it for that to make sense.) If, for some reason, that doesn’t work, it’s fiddly but you can do this: knit to where the extra stitch is bound off, poke at it with the end of the needle or even a smaller one if need be, and knit into it without unbinding it. It’ll be really tight, but it will work.

Hi Becky! Thank you somuch for replying to this. Here is a pic of the instructions (I am on the 3rd bullet)…and a pic of where I am at with my work. Remember… I am a lefty…eek.
This is my very first real knitting project. I actually don’t understand what you told me to try…I feel so stupid right now.

Becky_Morgan

January 30

You should be able to lift the extra cast-off stitch off the work and put it back on the needle. (You'll almost have to be holding your work and looking at it for that to make sense.) If, for some reason, that doesn't work, it's fiddly but you can do this: knit to where the extra stitch is bound off, poke at it with the end of the needle or even a smaller one if need be, and knit into it without unbinding it. It'll be really tight, but it will work.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

First of all, count the stitches you have left on your needle. I could give you a long-winded explanation, but trust me on this.

If you really don’t have 31 left, see that bound-off stitch under your middle finger in the picture? See how there’s a stitch not bound off that you’re actually touching with your middle finger, and another loop around the base of it where the last stitch is bound off? All you have to do is lift that loop up so the stitch you’re touching slips out of it. I’d probably do it with the needle, but do whatever is comfortable for you. Put that one on your needle too, and go on with your pattern.

Or…since these are slippers, and nobody is going to be looking THAT closely…just go on with the pattern, and next time you’re supposed to bind off 3 stitches at that end of the work, bind off only 2.

Becky… .thank you so much! I think I got it! I really appreciate your help!! :slight_smile::slight_smile: