Thanks to you all- I have a completed hat! I stayed up last night and finished it. :woohoo:
I may try working the first couple rows flat next time because until about row 3-4 it was dreadful. I still had to seam the first row with the cast on yarn because there was a little split there (not sure how to avoid that.)
Also had a hard time when it was 2 stitches on each needle for the i-cord, I didn’t make that as long as I should have. I tried putting it all on one needle but it was sloppy- good thing it’s in the knot part and you can’t see it. When I make this again I will definitely try something new or practice that part.
But it’s done- and cute! I will try to post a pic when I have located the little cable that connects the camera to the computer.
Brittyknits LOL @ Mind The Gap- I was in London a couple months ago and that cracked me up. Keeping everything in the middle of the needles was very smart advice- I hardly had anything drop off after I started doing that. For some reason, I thought I had to have the needle I just finished be sort of at the end & closer to the new needle I was knitting off of- nope.
Kathy- I think wood needles would help- I am using the Boye aluminum ones because they’re all that were available in my area DPN-wise (unless I can catch the LYS- now I know where it is!) I use Harmony interchangeables by Knit Picks & really want some DPN’s now!
Sue- The long tail was MUCH easier- plus the tail marks the beg of the round. With this pattern, you do 2 decreases per needle so I didn’t need to shuffle any sts from one needle to the other. I used a size 10 to CO then transferred to size 7 needles because I was worried that it wouldn’t stretch enough.