Cap from KNITTY

I forgot the name of this - but the pattern was on Knitty. It covers your ears and keeps the heat in but lets your hair come out the back - especially if you have a pony tail. This was my first one. I liked it but thought it was a little wide - so I made another one not as thick and I LOVE that one better. With less rows, it fits much better. I just didnt increase as much as they said.

Calorimetry.

I’ve been dying to make one, but we are up to our armpits in moving!
Maybe when things settle down.
Yours is lovely.

I loved the idea of this pattern and thought about knitting one - yours looks great! :thumbsup:

I don’t need one now though - I just had about 12 inches cut off my hair, so no pony tail for me!

That looks awsome! I loveloveloveLOVE the yarn! :inlove:

Looks great! I also just made one of these using a leftover ball of Noro Kuryon I had lying around. Mine also turned out wider than I thought it would based on the photo from Knitty. However, I just attributed it to the fact that I didn’t do a gauge swatch (I was afraid I wouldn’t have enough to finish the project if I did and I was feeling a bit lazy since it was a small project anyway). I did count a gauge sample as I progressed to see if I was close. After your post I am wondering if it maybe that the pattern is just written wider than I would like. I may partially frog mine back some and increase fewer times like you did on your second one.

I think you’ll like it better with less increases. I think the second one I did - I only increased it like 7 or 10 times instead of the 15. I’d have to look back on my pattern because I wrote it down. It just fits so much better that way. It really curves your head better instead of having loose fittings.

i’ve been knitting these up like mad! most are made with my ever-growing pile of scrap wool…

a super fun project. :slight_smile: