Can't figure out bobbles on my vintage pattern

I have a vintage knitting pattern and I can’t figure out how to knit the bobbles. When I follow the pattern I end up decreasing 6 stitches but that’s not what I’m supposed to do because it’s a sweater and the next row/rows don’t add any stitches. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone explain this to me?

This is how the patter says to make a bobble –

MB= (K1, P1) 3 times K1 into next st, then pass 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th sts over first.

Thanks for any help!

Welcome!
To make the bobble you want to work the k1,p1,k1,p1,k1,p1,k1 all into the next stitch. At the 2minute mark, this video shows how to do the k1,p1,k1 into a single stitch.

You’ll of course be repeating the k1,p1 for the number of times your pattern specifies. You won’t be leaving the increases however because the next thing you’ll do is pass the newly increased sts over stitch one and off the needle leaving the single stitch.

If you can crochet at all, this is a great time to get out a crochet hook the same size as your knitting needle, because it makes the multiple knits and purls easier. Actually, if you do that, it’s (draw up a loop, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over…) as many times as you (k1p1), then draw a loop through everything on the hook and put it back on the right needle. It sounds fiddly to switch from hook to needles, but it’s actually much quicker.

Thank you ladies! I was so confused by this yesterday, I think because the pattern didn’t state to K1P1 into the same stitch.

salmonmac - I did what you said and it works perfectly!

Becky Morgan - great idea! I will try that and see if it speeds things up.